Virtual Stakeholder Trainings
The Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations Rewrite Team created a series of virtual trainings to help County stakeholders learn about the new development codes. This virtual training currently explores two lessons (1) the current development review process, and (2) the major changes in Prince George’s County’s new Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulation. Each lesson includes a quiz for you to test your knowledge on the subject matter. Additional videos will be added.
The Current Development Review Process
This video series provides an overview of the current process for development in Prince George’s County, beginning with the master planning process and ending with code enforcement. Specifically, this series covers the following topics
- The purpose of the development review process
- The stages of development in Prince George’s County (Master Planning, Zoning, Subdivision, Site Plan Review, Final Platting, Permitting, and Enforcement).
- The ways that residents can get involved in the development review process.
The New Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations
This video series provides an overview of Prince George’s County efforts to comprehensively update our Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations. Specifically, this series covers the following topics:
- The history and purpose of the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations Rewrite project
- The adopted transitional provisions that ensure existing and pending development can proceed under current development approvals.
- Major changes to zones, uses, development standards and the application review procedures.
- The application of the Countywide Map Amendment